• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

- - - - -

Enum to Integer?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 bollµ   Members   -  Reputation: 354

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

Hi all!

Is there any way to typecast an Enum to a raw integer in angelScript? I've tried using C's typecast syntax and the cast operator. neither worked :/.  Some more suggestions?  

thanks

~Bollu 

a WIP 2d game engine: https://code.google.com/p/modulusengine/

English is not my first language, so do feel free to correct me :)

Sponsor:

#2 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3413

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

The enums are implicitly converted to integers by the compiler, but if you want to explicitly do the conversion you may use the C++ style cast (not C style).

enum E { VALUE = 1 }
int a = int(VALUE);

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS