• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

My contributor's agreement - feedback? And feel free to reuse!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

#21 tboxx   Members   -  Reputation: 159

0Likes

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Koobazaur,  

Give two attorneys a task  to draft and contract/agreement and they don't look a like.   A lot of the common causes in a contract can be written in a summarized general format or could be very specific.  A confidentiality clause/NDA could be very basic or very expansive in terms of what it lays out.  It all really depends on comfort level between the parties and what issues maybe particularly concerning for each party. If you think improper disclosure is a big concern than a more through NDA would be a good idea. 

1) If you want to use the 2nd NDA you need to edit it further.  Its original purpose was as an NDA inconnection with something like  a situation in which a developer needs to tell a publisher about the project in order to see whether they  are interested in funding said project but don't want the publisher to tell anyone about the project.  

2) First agreement refers to the game.  Better off calling it a project or something else. I am not sure what the industry term for this would be.   

3)  Company  should not be just defined as a company, I would consider another name one that  includes a company or an individual.  

Edited by tboxx, 27 February 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Sponsor:

#22 Koobazaur   Members   -  Reputation: 691

0Likes

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for the additional links and further clarifications, really appreciate your help smile.png

Also, Hi Tom! I remember meeting you briefly back when I was at NakedSky Entertainment when you were helping the studio with a few things. Glad to see you're still keeping busy with gaming stuff! Definitely got lots of good info from your site as well.

Edited by Koobazaur, 01 March 2013 - 02:30 PM.

Postmortem: one must die -  Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

#23 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10070

0Likes

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Also, Hi Tom! I remember meeting you briefly back when I was at NakedSky Entertainment

Oh, right! [slaps forehead] How could I forget a name like Koobazaur. I still have your business card. Yep... Koobazaur.

:puzzled:

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#24 Koobazaur   Members   -  Reputation: 691

0Likes

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

Haha, well my real name is Jakub Kasztalski if that clears the confusion smile.png But we only spoke briefly and I know you deal with maaaany people so I don't really expect you to remember. Just wanted to say Hi (and Thank You!) that's all!

Postmortem: one must die -  Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS