• Create Account

writing managemnt type games such as music wars rebirth

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 gazdadude   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

what  would be the best language for this?

Sponsor:

#2 Nymall   Members   -  Reputation: 195

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Depends. What are you going to do with it, a web game? You might consider flash, php/ajax, java. Do you want it to be console based? How do you want to distribute it?

I'm sure if you provide a bit more detail on your vision the answers should be easy, but above all in the end it will come down to personal preference and experience.

My favorite error yet:

Parse error: Syntax error, unexpected '$pants'...

#3 gazdadude   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

basicly a desktop app like a game where you run a studio ect i mainly use c#

#4 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 19633

2Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

"Best" is subjective.

It probably means "makes it most likely that I will actually complete the project".

If you are most comfortable with C#, and your target platform supports C# easily (which it does) then by all means use C#.

If instead you were most comfortable with another language, such as Python or Java or C++ or ActionScript, then by all means use whatever of those you prefer.

Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS