• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Save Level causes a freeze. Mouse click unfreezes

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dissipate   Members   -  Reputation: 377

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hi,

Please may I ask for your help on the following problem:

Language: C++, DirectX, Win32

Program description: Simple full-screen tile and display.

Problem: SaveLevel() (exits with no errors) causes the screen to freeze. So no on-screen debug info being updated.

Temp resolution: Left-clicking the mouse results in normal operation. The seconds counter continues with the correct info as if it ran in the BG.

My guess: Is the window loosing focus somehow by the save function which uses fprintf() calls to write out text information?

I tried testing for it loosing focus by running in windowed mode. The app did not freeze when clicking between windows (ie. notepad + app). But it did freeze when saving in windowed mode. Btw I really should be using fprintf_s() instead.

Thanks...

Sponsor:

#2 Dissipate   Members   -  Reputation: 377

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

** SOLVED **

Resolution: F10 causes the window to do something. I tried F2 and it works fine.

Reason: This thread explains why and other better ways to overcome.

Thanks everyone for your valuable and speedy input *(iCheesyGrin)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS