• Create Account

Problem with pening avi file

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 jenny_wui   Members   -  Reputation: 196

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

I am trying to open one avi file with VLC player. But it show the following error:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No suitable decoder module:

VLC does not support the audio or video format "MIL". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could anyone tell me what problem this is and how the file can be opened?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

#2 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 21434

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

AVI is a container format.  It can store many different types of video and audio.

In order to play back any specific format, you need a decoder for it.

The decoder is sometimes called a codec, shorthand for "encoder/decoder".

Search for a codec pack that supports the specific format you need, or try one of the generic super-bundle codec packs and hope it contains yours.

Edited by frob, 22 February 2013 - 03:58 PM.

Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#3 swiftcoder   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 10060

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

The particular codec you need is the Matrox Imaging codec.

Tristam MacDonald - Software Engineer @Amazon - [swiftcoding]

#4 jenny_wui   Members   -  Reputation: 196

0Likes

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Could you be a more specific about the download version (website) of Matrox Imaging Codec as I am confused which one to download from the net. DO I need to download some video converter like prism too? I am not familiar with this. Please help me.

#5 jenny_wui   Members   -  Reputation: 196

0Likes

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

I downloaded a trial version of Matrox Imaging Library (MIL). Now with code reader I can play that avi file. Suppose I would like to convert it to some other or normal avi format so that I can view with vlc or windows media player. Anyone using MIL please give me some suggestion.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS