• Create Account

Looking for a programmer for my idea!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 taz408   Members   -  Reputation: 108

0Likes

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

Hey guys,

My name is Tom, I'm looking for some pretty significant help. I can't code myself, but I have what I consider to be a pretty fantastic idea for a mobile phone game. Anyway to cut to the chase, I'm looking for someone who's fluent in english, and obviously a pretty productive individual - to code a prototype for me. The easiest way to describe what I need doing is someone who could in theory, code the Creature Creator part of the Maxis game, "Spore". Obviously there are differences, but if you could in theory code that, you could code my idea. I get that the creator from Spore is a program built by a company and not one individual, I'm not looking for someone to actually code something similar, i'm looking for someone who knows how it COULD be done, we'd probably work in a 2d framework first, to get the fundamentals correct - just in case people think I'm insane for coming onto a forum asking for "someone to code me spore pls" ;)

Anyway If you're interested please let me know, I'm  not looking for someone to give the project to, and leave them to it, I have a very certain direction for the idea, and the way I want it to be, so I want someone to code it, and inform me of issues and workarounds to issues, to work with me until we achieve what my concept is. 

In a perfect world the person I'm looking for would be in it for the long-haul, not just the concept model. And also skype would be great so we can make things a little less impersonal whilst we create something awesome.

All the best,

Tom

Edited by taz408, 23 February 2013 - 05:11 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Nercury   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 766

3Likes

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Everyone has fantastic ideas. And ideas in our culture are overrated, hard work to make them reality underrated.

http://www.gamedev.net/classifieds

Edited by Nercury, 23 February 2013 - 06:46 AM.

#3 Toothpix   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 810

0Likes

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

You really should learn to program yourself. It is an educational experience. Programmers are in high demand at big places like Microsoft, VMware, Sony, LG, Google, etc. Everyone needs a programmer. Also, I really would think that if someone was dumb enough to partner with you, the "idea guy," than they deserve 80 percent of the profits, assuming you handle all of the business and legal side of things. You will also have to hire an artist and/or a musician, as usually people like you can't do either. Ideas are really worthless. They aren't hard to come up with, and they don't take any time or hard work or knowledge. If you want to make a game, make something you can make by yourself and something that people can help you on, like a mod. You usually can't sell mods, so they have become large community projects. Try to spearhead one of those, and try to get participants. You will have to make a lot of the initial content by yourself (to get teammates), but you can make amazing things with, say, a Half-Life 2 mod as opposed to trying to make a game by yourself from scratch while handling the stress of selling your game.

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

#4 taz408   Members   -  Reputation: 108

0Likes

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

I appreciate no one wants to work for free, but i'm a student with an overdraft currently over by £200, so I don't have the option of paying a programmer, or I'd be hiring one. Rather this is more of a venture if you like, find a good humored guy with the know how, take my idea, see what we can do with it - and if all goes well, both reap the rewards! If not, well hopefully no one is going to say "sure that sounds worth a try" if they don't think it can work.

I'm not forcing anyone to offer help, merely testing to see if anyone with some free time and a keen programming hand fancy my concept. If so let's see what we can get done.

I can't really tell what your response is trying to say, but it comes across pretentious, obnoxious - and bar the link, entirely unhelpful. Not the best first impression but I'll put money on you being the minority.

All the best,

Tom 

EDIT: That was to the 1st response, not the guy below, thanks for your input :)

Edited by taz408, 23 February 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#5 JTippetts   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8409

1Likes

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

Recruitment posts really do belong in the Classifieds.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS