• Create Account

MUD Game Programming CD

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 RetroGamerz   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

I'm currently working on a MUD project. I borrowed Ron Penton's MUD Game Programming from the library but the book came without CD and they don't appear to have it. The book itself is great but I desperately need a bunch of stuff from the CD, like the appendixes and the source code. Does anyone know where to get a copy of what's on it or, if that's not available, would anyone mind uploading the CD contents? Thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 Lailokken   Members   -  Reputation: 356

1Likes

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Does anyone know where to get a copy of what's on it

You might give these guys a shot.. someone over there may have what you need.

http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/

-- A man shows who he is, by what he does, with what he has.

#3 MrDaaark   Members   -  Reputation: 3555

1Likes

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

The book itself is great but I desperately need a bunch of stuff from the CD, like the appendixes and the source code. Does anyone know where to get a copy of what's on it or, if that's not available, would anyone mind uploading the CD contents? Thanks.

No one can upload the CD, because that is piracy and copyright infringement.

Why not buy a copy of the book? It's only 75$ from indigo.ca (Amazon.com has people charging 200$+ for it). 75$ is cheap for the amount of knowledge you can get from that book.

Failing that, there are a trillion and one MUD game programming sites around the internet, with tutorials and free code bases. You have almost infinite free learning material.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS