• Create Account

Evaluation of Ephenation, a voxel based MMORPG

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 larspensjo   Members   -  Reputation: 1526

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

The vision was to have a game like World Of Warcraft, where players are able to add their own adventures. I think this is a probable future development. This type of games should be fully realized and generally available in something like 10 to 20 years.

A total of 3000 hours was spent. I made a report at Ephenation evaluation report.

Full source code is available.

SnapShot_2013-02-24.jpg

Current project: Ephenation.
Sharing OpenGL experiences: http://ephenationopengl.blogspot.com/

Sponsor:

#2 CRYP7IK   Members   -  Reputation: 807

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Oh wow, that is an amazing and ambitious project! You seem like you have the ability and experience to finish this as well which is pretty rare...

I am surprised no-one has commented on this yet. Well I found one bug! Whenever I quit and log back in again I leave a copy of myself (But I have an actual human mesh instead of a frog mesh.). Other than that I killed a few of those enemies and got some XP, the health potion works nice tongue.png Too bad I never saw anyone else. It's late where I am at the moment but I am definitely going to look further into this project after some sleep!

Just a heads up, it took me a while to figure out what was actually happening, you should put up a direct link to your main website and github page, as I think that is what is holding most people back.

Edited by CRYP7IK, 24 February 2013 - 07:55 AM.

To accomplish great things we must first dream, then visualize, then plan...believe... act! - Alfred A. Montapert
Gold Coast Studio Manager, Lead Programmer and IT Admin at Valhalla Studios Bifrost.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS