I'm just popping in a new post here for this forum we're kicking off. The description for this forum is simply this:
Discuss software design issues, quirky things you've found, asshat approaches to problems, shitty code your co-workers wrote, shitty code you yourself wrote and wondered what you were thinking, elegant problem solutions (to flip things around), design patterns, "hey look I can write a compiler with one line of code because I'm so clever" type stuff
This is a for-fun forum where you can pretty much discuss software design issues including such as:
- Why every programmer should use singletons
- Why OpenGL is far superior to DirectX
- Using Goto is perfectly fine
- Why professional programmers who only code during their day jobs will never be as good as those who code outside of work
- Why commenting EVERY SINGLE LINE OF CODE is important // add x to y and store inside of sum
.... // tCount keeps showing up negative here for some reason.. it should never be negative tCount = sqrt(tCount*tCount); // Fixed!
It is for posting pieces of code that we can all look back on and laugh about. Code samples are also appreciated.. we love code. We also love related comics as well.
Glob pattern matcher anyone (*)?
Share your frustrations.. share your triumphs.. Let the games begin.
Edited by Michael Tanczos, 25 February 2013 - 12:32 PM.