I don't know how rude/good it is to post references to blogs here. But the things discussed there are pretty funny.
On this topic I will share one experience of mine from college:
We had to create a game in Assembly (our own Assembly language btw ) and apply it to a processor we created using hardware description language and run it on a FPGA board.
Me and my friend were developing a Treasure Hunt kind of game. I remember it clearly... I wrote the moveLeft "method", labeled it and tested.
It worked pretty well, so lets just copy/paste it as moveRight, moveDown, moveUp.
As soon I did this, moveLeft stopped working.
We spent hours trying to debug (there was not much code to debug) and we couldnt find out the problem.
I then had a brilliant idea... lets just swap the code position of moveLeft to moveRight, moveUp or moveDown. Just doing that made moveRight/moveUp/moveDown would break.
We couldn't believe this, the code was breaking because of a specific line (or block). That line, a thousand something, was on strike.
The solution we found: we created a method moveFu** (sorry for the obscenity... college kids) This code didn't do anything and was never called, but we inserted it at the "broken line position". Just like that the movement was fixed.
Edited by kuramayoko10, 25 February 2013 - 09:06 PM.