• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Diesel Tactics - A steampunk inspired, asynchronous turn based strategy game in the works

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic

#1 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm proud to announce T-Go Co Games' upcoming game Diesel Tactics!

It's an asynchronous turn based strategy game (like Hero Academy) that also allows players to build their own custom armies to bring into battle, similar to the table top games Warhammer or War Machine.

The world and art style are inspired from World War I and II imagery with a steampunk/dieselpunk vibe to it.  The game will be 3D with 2D background elements.

Right now we only have the first concept art pieces to show (though modelling and animation have begun, we just aren't showing anything yet!), but we have new announcements several times per week on our website (and twitter and facebook pages) and if you're interested in following the progress of the game please follow us on any (or all!) of those!

We're hoping to launch the game in summer 2014 (we hope!) with the beta being available about a month or so before release.

The game will be available on both iPhone and iPad.  It will also be available on Android devices, but I don't think this is the place to bring that up.  You will be able to play against each other though, so you can show those Android gamers what's what!

Here's some concept art from some of the units in the game:

bVbG5nfl.jpg

YzATbKil.jpg

And here's a 3D model of one of the units from the game:

olaMBvF.jpg

If you want to see more and to keep up to date with our progress, check us out:

Web: www.tgocogames.com

Twitter: www.twitter.com/tgocogames

Facebook: www.facebook.com/tgocogames

Founder of T-Go Co Games.  Check us out on the web, follow us on twitter @TGoCoGames and like us on Facebook!

Sponsor:

#2 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Hey everyone,

New information has steadily been coming out about Diesel Tactics, and here are some highlights:

- There will be (at least) 2 armies available at launch

- The game will be free with one army available to the player and additional armies purchasable for $1.99

- Each army will have 8 units (at least) available to them, 6 Infantry units and 2 Vehicle units

- There will be 3 mission types at launch: Take and Hold, Assault, and Engagement

- There will be an Elo style rating system for players to help create more evenly matched games

There's plenty more to be revealed, so check out our website for more information and you can find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on all the updates about the game!

In the mean time, here's some more concept art and models from some of the units in the game:

0YO8C5k.png

CvBKp0Q.png

ZNZb1Rj.jpg

cyum3Fol.jpg

Founder of T-Go Co Games.  Check us out on the web, follow us on twitter @TGoCoGames and like us on Facebook!

#3 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Hey everyone,

More information has been revealed about Diesel Tactics! 

Here are some highlights:

- Artillery units have been revealed

- Healing will not be part of the game!

- Terrain randomization is in!

Much more information has been added at our website

As usual, I'm adding a few more images from Diesel Tactics for you to check out!

qqAm1Qbl.png

The walking tank!

EKzlHKSl.png

Flying tank concept art

j0IKNs4l.png

Flying tank 3D model

mp2EhA0l.jpg

Motorcycle unit concept art

#4 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Hey everyone,

If your interested in keeping up with what's going on with our development, check out the site or Like us on Facebook or follow me on Twitter!

Here are a few more images for you to see some of our progress!

rYBu8KYl.jpg

Automaton Infantry!

KvlWWdIl.png

Rocket Pack Trooper Concept Art

iNUGGTRl.jpg

Bazooka Soldier

l7UGyYvl.jpg

Flamethrower Soldier

#5 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that there have been a ton of added images to the Diesel Tactics image gallery, go check them out here!

#6 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

We've been hard at work laying the foundation for Diesel Tactics core gameplay as well as creating the menu system for the game including the all important army creation screens!

Unfortunately, this means that we haven't had a whole lot of stuff to show off to everyone, since screenshots of code aren't all that exciting.

We have had quite a few updates on our website tgocogames.com including my blog ramblings on varied topics like board gaming and Kickstarter campaigns, so keep up to date with us there!

We do have some concept art images for our menu screens to show you guys in the Diesel Tactics concept art image gallery as well as a bunch of new images in the main gallery for you to check out!

We'll have some gameplay images and videos coming up in the very near future and the updates should be coming fast and furious at that point, so stay tuned!

Here's a couple WIP images from our menus!

7ThiCePl.jpg

JfRiPNVl.jpg

#7 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since we've updated our info on the forums, but that's largely been due to the fact that we're hard at work trying to get a working game up and running!

We've got most of the pieces of the puzzle made and we're in the process of putting them together.  Things are going pretty smoothly now, but the dev world is always pretty unpredictable unfortunately, so we're not entirely sure when we'll be ready to have some gameplay videos for you guys.  It shouldn't be too much longer though, and I'll let everyone know as soon as we have something playable!

Until then, here are some more images from Diesel Tactics with their working names attached which we'd love to hear your feedback on!

fXqNvpJl.jpg

WIP Army Building Screen

9hv6zShl.jpg

Motorcycle and Sidecar Model (working name: Reitwagen Kommando)

17mc4ZNl.jpg

Sniper Unit (working name: Scharfschützen)

AicC16ll.jpg

Jetpack Unit (working name: Himmel Stürmer - “Sky Stormers”)

UzAbHTCl.jpg

Heavy Machine Gunner (working name: Rapid Projectile Dispatching Sqaud)

#8 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 23380

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

I like the art style, nice work!

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#9 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Thanks a ton!  I love the aesthetic we have going so far, and I think our mixing of steampunk and dieselpunk has been working well so far!

#10 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give you guys an update on how things are progressing with Diesel Tactics, and let you know why we're running a bit behind schedule.

We've had some internal issues (which I think is sort of inevitable with any studio, but can be particularly bad with an indie developer) which have caused us to have to redo some work that we thought was done.  The end result is that we're running about two and a half months behind schedule.  We were hoping to be in alpha right now, but it looks like that will happen closer to sometime in September.

We should know relatively soon as to what our new milestone dates are (for things like gameplay videos, trailers, alpha, beta, etc) and I'll update everyone here as soon as possible.

On a more positive note, our artist Nadia Fernandez has done some awesome work on the logo for Diesel Tactics and I'd like to show it off to you guys in its current form, so here it is!

d8O8Cdpl.png

To see more images of the new logo check out the Diesel Tactics menu sub gallery here!

Thanks for understanding guys and I'll update you all again soon!

#11 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hey everyone,

I've put together a little animation reel for the GA6 “Grasshopper” Rocket Troopers from Diesel Tactics!

Check it out!

#12 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hey all,

It's been a while since I've given any updates about the status of Diesel Tactics, but I've just posted on my blog explaining where we're at as far as development goes as well as giving a little more information on how the game will play.

Check it out here!

And since everyone has been so patient, here's a couple new pics of some units from Diesel Tactics showing off the Steampunk skin!

hJN0YFkl.png

gEeVmWcl.png

bZZQ645l.png

5KdM1sZl.png

vqIv5ndl.png

#13 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Hey guys,

I've posted on my blog a a list of all the units that are going to be available for 'The Republic' nation (working name! suggestions welcome!) in Diesel Tactics along with a quick description of them.  Soon I'll post the unit list for 'The Kaiserreich' nation (also a working name!), so stay tuned for that as well!

Check out the Republic units from Diesel Tactics here!

Cheers!

#14 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Hey everyone,

The unit list for the Kaiserreich nation (a working name, suggestions more than welcome!) has been posted up on our website!

See all soldiers of the Fatherland here!

Here's a look at the Kampfpanzer "Spinnentier" or Spider Tank unit available to the Kaiserreich nation!

H51bTICl.png

#15 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Hey everyone!

It’s been a really long time since I’ve posted in the forums here and that was due to some pretty big setbacks in the development of Diesel Tactics.  

We’ve had a few team members leave which really stalled some aspects of the project, but we’ve finally got all the pieces back in place again and are making constant progress on the game!

One of our new team members is German Gaussmann who is our animator and I wanted to show off some of his work, so check out these videos of some animation reels of a couple of units form Diesel Tactics!

Here’s the Raketenpanzerbüchse unit from the Kaiserreich nation!

And here’s the HT-A4 “Big Willie” Heavy Armour from the Usonian nation decked out in blue team colours!

Hope you like the way they look.  I think German has done some amazing work on these and it’s looking like Diesel Tactics will be a great looking game!

#16 nerdboy64   Members   -  Reputation: 620

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

Looks interesting; I'll have to keep an eye on this.

My website: Brass Watch Games

Come check out Shipyard, my first real game project (Very WIP): Game Website Development Journal

Shipyard is a 2D turn-based strategy with a sci-fi theme, in which you build ships from individual parts rather than being given a selection of predefined models.

#17 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

Thanks, Nerdboy64! I'll definitely be trying to keep the updates coming regularly now that we're getting closer to finishing the game.

#18 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

Hey everyone,

Here’s a new video of the Rattenfänger Soldaten unit from Diesel Tactics!

The Rattenfänger soldiers are named after Gele Rattenfänger, the current Kaiserina of the Kaiserreich Mechanika nation.

Rattenfänger means ‘rat catcher’ and the name is very appropriate for this squad, as they have giant mechanical claws replacing one of their hands (which they voluntarily removed!) that they use to grab and crush their enemies.

If that wasn’t enough, they also wield one of the Kaiserreich’s newest technologies in the form of a deadly laser pistol, which are as deadly at short range as they are in close combat.

In game terms, pistol weapons are can be used competently at short ranges, but they also provide benefits in melee attacks, unlike normal ranged weapons.  Because of this, the Rattenfänger Soldaten are incredibly deadly in close combat.

Here’s the Rattenfänger Soldaten in action!

Let us know what you think!

#19 Rendered World   Members   -  Reputation: 115

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

I love steampunk! I will definitely keep watching this develop.

#20 T-Go Co Games   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

Thanks, Rendered World!  I'll try my best to keep these forums updated with new information on the game as much as possible, so stay tuned!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS