• Create Account

Tuts for Beginning OpenGL/C++ 2D Game Programming?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Knockback   Members   -  Reputation: 108

1Likes

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew any good, recent OpenGL/GLUT C++ tutorials for 2D work, such as drawing text and sprites and etc... I've looked around a lot on Google and stuff, but I haven't found anything worthwhile so far.

Currently, I can making a window and draw a rectangle, but placing it specifically is still beyond me.

Any help?

Sponsor:

#2 Serapth   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5756

2Likes

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

I just published this list of modern OpenGL resources.  It's probably a pretty good place to start.

#3 Vincent_M   Members   -  Reputation: 744

0Likes

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

I'm just throwing this out there, but there's this channel out there called thecplusplusguy on YouTube. He covers C++/OpenGL/SDL (SDL instead of GLUT). All of his videos are quite good, however, he excels in 3D. He will get you up and running with shaders, 3D model loading, etc, but there's some good stuff he covers as far as setting up OpenGL, and how it works in general. As far as 2D and OpenGL goes, these resources will be very helpful.

Here's an example:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS