• Create Account

Tower Defense Game 3D

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Getov   Members   -  Reputation: 466

0Likes

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Hello everyone ! 

This is my very first 3D project and I have just started it. Also this is the first time I use "modern OpenGL" and shaders. In my project I use some help classes and concepts from http://tomdalling.com/blog/category/modern-opengl/

At the moment I am trying to set up the scene so there is nothing related to game mechanics yet. My intention is to keep it simple, not going to load models, just geometric shapes (and maybe textures).

Unfortunately I am stuck . Maybe the most annoying thing that could happen - everything seems to work just fine, but the object won't draw on the screen sad.png .

I am using Visual Studio 2012 on Windows 8 32bit.

Because the source files are many, I will give link to my github repo : https://github.com/getov/tower-defense-3d

GPUProgram class handles shader operations. Util is namespace that has different utilities, at the moment only function for loading  files. The other classes should be clear. Ask me if you don't understand anything.

I hope you can help me with that. Also I will be happy if you can give me any ideas or suggestions about how to continue the game.

Sponsor:

#2 Getov   Members   -  Reputation: 466

0Likes

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

I forgot to mention that I get "OpenGL error: 1282 invalid operation" but it doesn't help me at all. 

#3 Mathimetric   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

is there a reason you are using glfw.h to draw your windows and not window.h?

another thing to keep in mind is to make sure your translator is compiling for windows format application, and not console applets.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS