• Create Account

How to make a facebook card game? (REALLY amateur)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Caprinae   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

The boyfriend is super into card games (like Pokemon, Duel Monsters etc.) and now he wants to translate that passion into his own card game that can be played via Facebook app. Unfortunately, though his knowledge of card games is expansive, neither of us know the first thing about game development, so I was wondering if anyone here could offer some guidance or at least point us in the direction of a good tutorial for beginners.

Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 Aluthreney   Members   -  Reputation: 256

0Likes

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

I don't know much about card games, but, if it were me, I would start doing some googling on how non-digital card games are designed and developed. After that I would create an exaustive rough draft / design document of the card game before finaly making it into a video game.

As for putting the game on facebook: I would worry about actually getting the game done before thinking of something like that, but again, if it were me, I would contact facebook (after having, at least, a prototype of the game) and ask them if they would be interested in adding the game to their website.

In my opinion, I don't think putting your game on facebook is a very wise decision. From what I've seen, facebook has lost a lot of it's hold in the gaming field in the last couple of years. A better idea would be to make it into an app for android or some other mobile device. I'm saying all of this with the idea that you want to make some money with this game, but if your only goal is to make a fun game then go for it biggrin.png

Aluthreney -- the King of sheep.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS