• Create Account

C++ guides

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 rockstar8577   Members   -  Reputation: 259

0Likes

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

I was wondering if there were some good learning material online for C++. I know there is a vast amount, but i once read that there isn't that much good material. I don't seem to do well with reading C++ books. So was looking for possibly an online material.

Sponsor:

#2 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 30384

4Likes

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

The C++ FAQ Lite covers pretty much everything, and I found it pretty readable. It's also just a good reference if you ever forget some specific thing, or need some clarification.

If you like learning by having your knowledge challenged, then GOTW (from the bottom to the top) is full of wisdom.

#3 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 18577

2Likes

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

You could try LearnCpp.com.

#4 Dwarf King   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1854

1Likes

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

The one and only cplusplus tutorial I used it to get familiar with the language back then and it was fine. Also it is in a pdf format so you can sit on a cafe in (insert you favorite location) some where and read it :)

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education"

Albert Einstein

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education"

Albert Einstein

#5 Zalewa   Members   -  Reputation: 107

1Likes

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

Consider also C++ FQA Lite (Frequently Questioned Answers):

http://yosefk.com/c++fqa/

#6 rockstar8577   Members   -  Reputation: 259

0Likes

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Thanks! Looks like i have some material to go over. Can skim some of the basics since i already know that.

#7 JordV   Members   -  Reputation: 119

0Likes

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Thenewboston youtube channel has a 73 video play list of c++ tutorials along with tuns of other languages. 

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS