• Create Account

Connecting texture coordinates of smooth-shaded cylinder at first face and last face?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vexal   Members   -  Reputation: 416

0Likes

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

I am having trouble properly connecting the texture coordinates (example: cylinder with 16 segments) at index 0 and index 15.  I just give each face the texture coordinate corresponding to the segment number, so the first face has texture coordinates (0, 0), (1, 0), (0, 1), (1, 1), the second face has (1, 0), (2, 0), (1, 1), (2, 1), etc.  The last face has (15, 0), (0, 0), (15, 1), (0, 1).

I am fairly certain the problem is that the last face has to connect to the 0th coordinate, but I can't figure out a way around this without duplicating the vertices.

I also tried to give all even-numbered segments the texture x-coordinate 0, and odd-numbered segments with texture x-coordinate 1, but that still didn't seem to fix it.

EDIT:  Nevermind.  It was an unrelated bug.  Sorry.  Alternating 1 and 0 does work, the other method does not.

Edited by Vexal, 07 March 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Zaoshi Kaba   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4645

1Likes

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

You'll have to duplicate, there's no other way as far as I know.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS