• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Odd Shading Problem

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tolito   Members   -  Reputation: 256

0Likes

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

When I was using the projection matrix, the shading was very smooth, but now that I am using the model-view matrix, the shading is a little flat. OpenGL was having problems handling all of the pushing and popping when using the projection matrix, so I had to switch over to the model-view matrix. Is there a way to use the shading from the projection matrix with the model-view matrix?

Sponsor:

#2 Geometrian   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1582

2Likes

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

You . . . need a primer on the vertex stage of the pipeline.

This page has a nice diagram: http://www.opengl.org/documentation/specs/version1.1/glspec1.1/node23.html
See also http://www.opengl.org/wiki/Vertex_Transformation

And a Unix user said rm -rf *.* and all was null and void...|There's no place like 127.0.0.1|The Application "Programmer" has unexpectedly quit. An error of type A.M. has occurred.

#3 Aks9   Members   -  Reputation: 895

0Likes

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

When I was using the projection matrix, the shading was very smooth, but now that I am using the model-view matrix, the shading is a little flat. OpenGL was having problems handling all of the pushing and popping when using the projection matrix, so I had to switch over to the model-view matrix. Is there a way to use the shading from the projection matrix with the model-view matrix?

No, there is no way! The problem is in fact you don't understand basic concepts. I would suggest reading Viewing in 3D (chapter 3 of the Red Book).

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS