Platform to develop games

Started by
3 comments, last by MihaelaEpuran 11 years, 1 month ago
Hi guys,
We've built a very nice platform to create, publish and play HTML5 games using just a browser, called Gameleon. The overall idea is to have everything built visually, online, using a browser. You can download the platform's virtual machine running a MMORPG server, and publish the content from the cloud onto the system with a single click.
In many ways, from administration, to publishing and even monetizing, this is "WordPress for game creators" Furthermore, this is Open Source. The realm itself is open source and we want to release an API to integrate with the editor, to add your own functionality and features to it. If you're thinking the games can run just in the browser, we have some nice experiments on the pipeline aimed at exporting native apps for iOS and Android. Will update soon.
We will start the public beta in a few days and you can find out all about us at www.gameleon.co and at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/341483420/gameleon-sandbox-game-making-for-everyone (if you like it, spreading the word would be greatly appreciated and we'll call you awesome forever!)
There is also an asset market and there are built-in methods to monetize resulting games - http://www.gameleon.co/platform/monetizing
The main reason i've started this thread is to ask you guys what you think about it, would you see yourselves building, or what would you would contribute to the source code, to make even greater games! Democratize games FTW!

Cheers!

Advertisement

No opinions?

I can reply to any questions you have about the editor and the platform

For those of you that fear you will be limited by us: you don't need to use Gameleon's editor if you don't want to.
You can download a virtual machine from us (open source) that you can use to create a game via your own programming skills too. Because the game is based on HTML5, you need the virtual machine for the game you make to exist. So you can host your games at home if you want, you will have a unique name to your realm which will link to your self hosted machine ( with zero cost), and if you want to export the game as an installable application,we are working at that feature right now.
The editor simply speeds up the process of creating the game and helps those of you that don't know how to write codes.
We will also add support in the future for creating single player games and exporting them to iOS and Android.

Sounds like a neat tool. However, if you're looking for opinions on it, I'd suggest posting this in the "Tools and APIs" forum as people come to this one with questions specific to game programming. You could also post it as an "announcement." Hope this helps, good luck!

Okay, but can I make a new thread there or should I ask for my topic to be moved?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement