• Create Account

My First Android Game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 stmoran74   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

Hi all. I made my first Android Gamebiggrin.png  (it's free). what do you think about it?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.smemotech.sherise

Please give me some advice to improve it

Many Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 Khatharr   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3040

0Likes

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Why does it need network permission?

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

#3 blueshogun96   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1096

0Likes

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Tbh, if you're fishing for compliments on your game, it might be a better idea to post here: http://www.gamedev.net/forum/123-the-technical-side/

That's usually where you should post so people looking to give/get opinions can do so.

I'd be more than happy to try your game, but I have to charge my Android phone first! ^^

Shogun.

Follow Shogun3D on the official website: http://shogun3d.net

blogger.png twitter.png tumblr_32.png facebook.png

"Yo mama so fat, she can't be frustum culled." - yoshi_lol

#4 stmoran74   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

Why does it need network permission?

because i use admobile to display banner on free applications.

#5 stmoran74   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

Tbh, if you're fishing for compliments on your game, it might be a better idea to post here: http://www.gamedev.net/forum/123-the-technical-side/

That's usually where you should post so people looking to give/get opinions can do so.

I'd be more than happy to try your game, but I have to charge my Android phone first! ^^

Shogun.

Ok sorry :(. i need only some advice to improve it from other game developers.

Thanks

#6 Khatharr   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3040

0Likes

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

The buttons on the start screen are very small and there's not much else going on there. Why not make them bigger to fill up some of that space and make them easier to touch?

The yellow text on the start screen is hard to read. You may want to outline it in black.

You're using at least one trademarked character in a game that's making a profit from ads. You could get sued really hard for that. You should probably change it ASAP.

The ads cover a vital part of the play area. You may want to move the cauldron up so that it's above the ads and the player can see it clearly.

Touch control would probably be a better option here. Tilting the screen is hard to control with because you have to tilt your head to keep seeing what's going on.

I have no idea what's going on here. The black potions are bad, the purple potions and letters are good. There's random characters flying back and forth that don't seem to do anything. There's fairy princesses falling from the sky that stack up on the bottom of the screen until I tilt the phone sideways and wait for them to fall off the screen. Am I supposed to just keep catching potions and letters until I die? There's not a lot of replay value in that. Maybe if you used more letters than just A and B and let the player catch letters to try and spell out words or something? Maybe some power-ups of some sort would help? (A lightning bolt that the player can use to shoot the witch or something?) It just seems like catching 3 out of 4 things falling from the sky isn't going to hold attention for very long.

I think just adding more content or sprucing up what you've got there will help a lot. Animate your sprites, think up more features, etc.

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

#7 stmoran74   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Many Thanks.

but what are the trademarked character in the game? (sorry for my terrible english)

thanks again for your good advice.

You're using at least one trademarked character

The buttons on the start screen are very small and there's not much else going on there. Why not make them bigger to fill up some of that space and make them easier to touch?

The yellow text on the start screen is hard to read. You may want to outline it in black.

You're using at least one trademarked character in a game that's making a profit from ads. You could get sued really hard for that. You should probably change it ASAP.

The ads cover a vital part of the play area. You may want to move the cauldron up so that it's above the ads and the player can see it clearly.

Touch control would probably be a better option here. Tilting the screen is hard to control with because you have to tilt your head to keep seeing what's going on.

I have no idea what's going on here. The black potions are bad, the purple potions and letters are good. There's random characters flying back and forth that don't seem to do anything. There's fairy princesses falling from the sky that stack up on the bottom of the screen until I tilt the phone sideways and wait for them to fall off the screen. Am I supposed to just keep catching potions and letters until I die? There's not a lot of replay value in that. Maybe if you used more letters than just A and B and let the player catch letters to try and spell out words or something? Maybe some power-ups of some sort would help? (A lightning bolt that the player can use to shoot the witch or something?) It just seems like catching 3 out of 4 things falling from the sky isn't going to hold attention for very long.

I think just adding more content or sprucing up what you've got there will help a lot. Animate your sprites, think up more features, etc.

#8 blueshogun96   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1096

0Likes

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Tbh, if you're fishing for compliments on your game, it might be a better idea to post here: http://www.gamedev.net/forum/123-the-technical-side/

Shogun.

Ok sorry sad.png. i need only some advice to improve it from other game developers.

Thanks

Oh, don't take it the wrong way. I just want to increase your chances of getting the feedback you want/need. wink.png

Shogun.

EDIT: I also wanted to mention that I did download your game. When I tried to launch it, it crashed. Don't be alarmed, it's probably because my Droid 1 doen't support the game. It's an old Android phone and I don't know what it's really capable of. I really need to learn more about Android and app requirements.

Edited by blueshogun96, 15 March 2013 - 05:29 PM.

Follow Shogun3D on the official website: http://shogun3d.net

blogger.png twitter.png tumblr_32.png facebook.png

"Yo mama so fat, she can't be frustum culled." - yoshi_lol

#9 Khatharr   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3040

0Likes

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

but what are the trademarked character in the game? (sorry for my terrible english)

The Black Mage sprite is a trademark of Square-Enix.

Edited by Khatharr, 15 March 2013 - 08:15 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS