• Create Account

Issue with FBX COLLADA Exporter in 3DS max

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 BlackJoker   Members   -  Reputation: 414

0Likes

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

Hello,

I don`t know is this a correct branch for my question, but i didn`t found more suitable.

I use 3DS max 2012/2013 and I have there build in FBX COLLADA Exporter. I wrote COLLADA converter to convert collada in my own file format for my engine. But I faced with the problem:

I want to make my converter flexible, so i want to let modelers to make collada files with a lot of model inside. Everything was ok until I began to think how to understand from collada from how many meshes consist each model.

In 3ds max there is few functions like "group" and "attach".

If I use group - I can easily define which models are in this group, but if I use attach - I cannot understand from which count of meshes consist that model (for ex I have 10 meshes, 5 of them form 1 model and 5 other are different model by themselves, but from COLLADA file I cannot understand that.

So, my question is: Am I right that I merge meshes in that way in 3DS max of not (please explain why if not) and how to determinate which meshes form a hole model and which - not. Please put me on the right way.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS