So I'm developing a game called PongBreakout in c++ using a game engine i got from uni (when i was there..)
I've got a few problems with my game that i'm struggling to fix and need some help to figure out how to do so.
the first bug is that the countdown is far to fast and i dont know how to slow it down - ive been told to use a scalar (not a clue what that is..) <- ball.cpp (Update())
the second bug is that the ball sometimes gets stuck at the side of the screen if the paddle is there (play it and you'll eventually notice it.) <- ball.ccp (ProcessCollisons())
the third bug is that the rand() function doesnt seem to be working for getting a value between 8 and 5. <- ball.cpp
And lastly the cpu paddle is very buggy movement wise, is there anyway to make it move a bit better instead of always juttering.. <- enemyboard.cpp
To run this game you need direct x aug 2009.
Everything required is on on my dropbox.