• Create Account

Trouble compiling CEGUI 64 bit

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 landagen   Members   -  Reputation: 376

0Likes

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

I am trying to compile CEGUI in 64 bit VS 2012 and I am running into linking errors, but I cannot figure out why.  The linking errors are as follows:

PCRERegexMatcher.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_pcre_compile referenced in function "public: virtual void __cdecl CEGUI::PCRERegexMatcher::setRegexString(class CEGUI::String const &)" (?setRegexString@PCRERegexMatcher@CEGUI@@UEAAXAEBVString@2@@Z)
2>PCRERegexMatcher.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_pcre_exec referenced in function "public: virtual enum CEGUI::RegexMatcher::MatchState __cdecl CEGUI::PCRERegexMatcher::getMatchStateOfString(class CEGUI::String const &)const " (?getMatchStateOfString@PCRERegexMatcher@CEGUI@@UEBA?AW4MatchState@RegexMatcher@2@AEBVString@2@@Z)
2>PCRERegexMatcher.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_pcre_free

I am attempting to statically link against the pcre_d.lib file which contains the suspected missing definitions. The thing that is throwing me off is that based on the __imp_ prefix it indicates to me CEGUI is looking for a dynamic link instead of using the static link, but I don't know how to tell it otherwise or maybe I am misunderstanding everything.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  

Sponsor:

#2 landagen   Members   -  Reputation: 376

0Likes

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Well of course right after I post my question, I finally found the answer.  There was a define in the CEGUI adding the extern __declspec(dllimport) to the method declaration.  Thanks.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS