[I am unsure as to if this is the best place to put this, please redirect to the proper place if I am incorrect]
In order to properly describe the bug, I must explain the order of events leading up to the bug:
1) Player Left Clicks Character to Move Character to the Active Character Handle [works]
2) Player Right Clicks to Set the Destination of Character in the Active Character Handle to the Point of Click [works]
3) Alpha* Pathfinding Ensues to Produce a Path of Tiles to the Target Location [works]
4) Character Follows Pathing Instructions to the Edge of the Final Tile [works]
**Note: The Character Enters the Final Tile When it Meets the Edge of the Final Tile**
Now, if I add in a final step to correct the character's position within the final tile to reflect the mouse click, something strange happens. Periodically, the pathfinding will work properly, yet, the Character will stop following pathing instructions after passing through a single tile and freeze until I give it a new path. Even more strange, the new "final step" is in no way accessed during the steps (i.e. if I put a reporter method within the new code, I get no output from the reporter when the character freezes mid-path.) If I then take the code out, the pathing works without a hiccup except for the fact that the character position is not corrected to the point in the tile that was clicked. There are no freezes in the pathing without the corrective code...which is to my knowledge not accessed when the pathing freezes!
I have tried for hours to fix this problem, however, I cannot find a way around it.
Any insight into how to further debug this problem would be a phenomenal and welcomed helped. As well, if there is something I am not considering please let me know.
If you would like me to post my code just let me know. I am programming in Java in Eclipse.