• Create Account

openAL sound init

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 phil67rpg   Members   -  Reputation: 767

0Likes

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

I am trying to get openAL to initialize, I get the following error with the alutInit(0,NULL); command

here is the error I am getting.

Error 18 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _alutInit referenced in function _main C:\Users\Phillip\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\texture\texture\main.obj texture

Sponsor:

#2 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8275

2Likes

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Nothing to do with OpenGL.......

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

#3 phil67rpg   Members   -  Reputation: 767

0Likes

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

where should I post?

#4 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3981

1Likes

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

where should I post?

For Beginners.

This is a linker error, make sure you have the correct library's linked to your program.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS