• Create Account

Render texture data to a Render target Surface

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 ybatra   Members   -  Reputation: 154

0Likes

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

Hi all group members,  I'm a beginner in DIrectX and I have following doubt, hope I can get the answer at this group. 

Let say Texture (T1) is an alias of render target surface (s1) and I have rendered a triangle on the RT surface( s1), I want to render texture's(T1) data onto a render target surface(S2) using texture lookup into pixel shader in second draw call. So in the end S1 and S2 should have same data or not? 

Sponsor:

#2 ybatra   Members   -  Reputation: 154

0Likes

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

Hi all group members,  I'm a beginner in DIrectX and I have following doubt, hope I can get the answer at this group. 

Let say Texture (T1) is an alias of render target surface (s1) and I have rendered a triangle on the RT surface( s1), I want to render texture's(T1) data onto a render target surface(S2) using texture lookup into pixel shader in second draw call. So in the end S1 and S2 should have same data or not? 

I meant both the surfaces S1 and S2 will have the same pixel values or not? 

#3 Yourself   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1028

0Likes

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

assuming S1 and S2 have the same (pixel) format, the pixel shader does nothing more then a lookup and you draw a fullscreen quad, yes they will have the same value

#4 ybatra   Members   -  Reputation: 154

0Likes

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

thanks, Yes I'm getting the expected results. 

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS