• Create Account

CSG (context sensitive grammar) parser

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan_001   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 1486

0Likes

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I've been playing around with CFGs (context free grammars) and implemented a LL, LR and CYK-type chart parser.  Also played around a bit with an Earley parser.  I think I have a good grasp on CFGs and was hoping to look at CSGs.  It seems though, online, there is far less information on these.  Most of the pages I find are simply power point/slides from a univeristy class (and barely cover the basics) or journal articles behind a paywall I can't get access to.

Does anyone know of any good online and free material on CSGs?  In particular CSG parsers.  Has anyone tried to implement one?  What are your thoughts?

Sponsor:

#2 sbradl   Members   -  Reputation: 116

0Likes

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

I had a course on compilers, grammars and such stuff but that was some years ago. I think languages which are context sensitive and can therefore be described by context free grammars are a big problem. When I am at home I will have a look at my book from the course and tell you some more about the topic.

Edited by sbradl, 20 March 2013 - 04:39 AM.

#3 Eliad Moshe   Members   -  Reputation: 813

0Likes

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

http://danielmattosroberts.com/earley/context-sensitive-earley.pdf

#4 Ryan_001   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 1486

0Likes

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

http://danielmattosroberts.com/earley/context-sensitive-earley.pdf

Ya I found and read that one, but didn't really seem to grasp the whole idea behind the parsing.  He jumps over alot of theory and I was hoping I could find another paper or 3 to compare/contrast against.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS