• Create Account

- - - - -

"Behaviour already registered" - troubles after upgrading

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jake Albano   Members   -  Reputation: 605

0Likes

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

I just upgraded to the latest release after skipping one or two releases -- back from when we were still using FuncIDs. I've got my code compiling, but it doesn't run any more; behavior checks for all of my classes are asserting.

Here's the output from my check functions (they check the return value and print messages copied from the AS documentation):

-- Error (line 0, column 0) : Failed in call to function 'RegisterObjectBehaviour' with 'Component' and 'Component@ f()' (Code: -13)
Failed registering behavior with type 'Component: The behaviour is already registered with the same signature
Assertion failed: r >= 0, file C:\Users\Jake\Documents\CodeBlocks\indigo\IndigoSDK\indigo\/scripting/asIClassBinder.h, line 151

I can post more info if necessary; I was just wondering if this was a known problem. I haven't changed anything in the binding process since upgrading.

Edited by Jake Albano, 20 March 2013 - 05:10 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3262

1Likes

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

This is a validation that was added recently. It is not a problem in AngelScript, unless you really aren't registering the same behaviour multiple times with the same signature like error says.
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

#3 Jake Albano   Members   -  Reputation: 605

0Likes

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Perfect, thanks! I didn't want to ignore that warning in case it meant something was wrong. smile.png

Edit:

It turned out that there was an issue with my binding class when registering casting behavior, as I was still getting invalid application errors after taking the check out for that error code. It was in fact registering multiple times with the same signature. Everything's working again. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Jake Albano, 21 March 2013 - 07:41 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS