• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

A list of Moderators and the Forums they lord over

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4692

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

It would be nice if that was available so I'm not just randomly picking mods. Or at least, make the Mod name visible in the Forum itself. As a thread or text.
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Sponsor:

#2 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5272

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:52 AM

The main index has all the forum mods listed in the descriptions. There is a way though I can add the forum mod names to the bottom of a forum page...

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

#3 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 9262

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

I don't understand. I don't see Cornstalks in the list. Isn't he a moderator? tongue.png

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

#4 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4692

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

The main index has all the forum mods listed in the descriptions. There is a way though I can add the forum mod names to the bottom of a forum page...

I didn't even realize that it was clickable. It's my first time going to that page. Is there anyway you can add it closer to the top of the forum's main/index page?

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#5 Prinz Eugn   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3677

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

http://www.gamedev.net/page/info/about/index.html has a list of Mods and Staff, although it's pretty out of date. Some of the people listed haven't even logged on in years as far as I can tell.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

#6 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5272

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

I didn't even realize that it was clickable. It's my first time going to that page. Is there anyway you can add it closer to the top of the forum's main/index page?

Mike will have to look into that. Right now Forum Leaders are listed at the bottom of the forum pages. I'm just now going through and making them correct

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS