• Create Account

Unvintage Games Studio

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zeronidus   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

Long story short, 2D games are my passion and I love messing about with editors and such more than actually playing games. Weird I know! So I went and made this...

Preview.png

The Unvintage Game Studio. It's finally ready for public release after spending months of working alone without seeing the light of day!

It allows you to make any sort of 2D application that you can think of. It's relatively simple to use and you will have to do some programming. If you've never programmed or are scared of it, fear not, the tutorials cover the basics and familiarise you with the Lua scripting language.

For the newbie, you can create a project framework which all you have to do is fill in your main game code. For the expert it allows you to take full advantage of DirectX11 dynamic shaders through Lua, so you can make some pretty sick stuff!

My favourite part so far is the freedom to arrange your graphical data however you want. If you want a 32x32 pixel animation, a 64x64 pixel animation, and a static image all rolled up into one file... You can do that! In fact tutorials 5 and 6 show you how.

It's still a continuous work in progress and will never actually be "finished", in the same respect that Epic will never be finished developing the Unreal Engine. And this is where you come in! With your interaction and feedback about the software, I can better refine it into something that others can use to learn about games development and use to express themselves creatively.

Oh and the part I think you'll like... IT'S FREE and will STAY FREE FOREVER!!!

Grab the program at http://unvintage.net/

Feel free to leave feedback here or on the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/UnvintageGamesStudio. Any and all feedback will be much appreciated and will also help me to develop the software to better accomodate your needs.

And lastly thank you for your time and interest smile.png

Attached Thumbnails

• Preview.png

Sponsor:

#2 Zeronidus   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Here's a quick demo showing that you can go from downloading the program to getting something displayed on the screen in less than 5 minutes.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS