• Create Account

Jezzball clone

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 redtaber   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

Hi

I've made a Jezzball/ Barrack like game for practice. I wasn't planning on publishing it, but I think that it's pretty playable and interesting, however I'm concerned about legal issues for publishing a clone. Does anybody know is Jezzball copyright protected? How can I find out do I need to pay for the licence or can I just publish it?

I don't want to publish it with the same name and my game has a lot of different/new features, but essentialy it is a Jezzball clone...

How different must my game be in order to be original?

Tnx guys

Sponsor:

#2 Ashaman73   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7991

1Likes

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

Here are more informations about Jezzball clones, it seems, that you are not the first one.

Eventually no-one can say it for sure, but cloning is still quite popular (how many MMORPGs play like WoW with an other skin or compare lot of RTS games to Warcraft) and it is always the question if you got inspired by an other game or do a 1:1 clone, eventually it depends on the IP owner and how much your game resembles the original game.

Edited by Ashaman73, 22 March 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#3 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10160

1Likes

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

1. I'm concerned about legal issues for publishing a clone.

2. Does anybody know is Jezzball copyright protected?

3. How can I find out do I need to pay for the licence or can I just publish it?

4. I don't want to publish it with the same name and my game has a lot of different/new features, but essentialy it is a Jezzball clone...

5. How different must my game be in order to be original?

1. Yes. You should be.

2. It's copyrighted.

3. Contact the original publisher.

4. Create an original name, and do not use any of the original's graphics or audio.

5. There's no easy answer to that easy question. Read FAQ 61.

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#4 redtaber   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

Thank you both for the replies...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS