• Create Account

Animated Tile And Sprite Viewer [free]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 TastEPlasma   Members   -  Reputation: 106

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

This is something I just wanted to share with everyone.  It is a project born of the need to be able to preview the animations of simple, animated tiles, quickly and effectively.  It ended up being bigger than I was expecting, as I tried to imagine myself in an artists shoes, and came up with several features that I was capable of implementing.

To put it succinctly, I am very much still a noob at programming.  However, I thought someone out there might find this tool to be of use.

The program has the following features:
*Supports tile sizes from 8X8 to 512X512 in powers of 2
*Supports asynchronous sizes, aka rectangles

*Supports transparencies via alpha channel
*Group view allows for 3X3 tiles to be seen animated together
*Allows for changing of frame rate to examine animation speed
*Change the number of animation frames per loop
*Allows for multiple animations in a single file via rows
*Has a pause hotkey
*Has a reload hotkey, to allow semi-real time editing
*Automatically reads all .png files in the .exe's directory
*The directory listing can be reloaded
*Files in the directory can be flipped through
*The background color can changed from white to black through 17 shades of grey
*The window can be re-sized at will

The program has the following limitations:
*Only 32-bit PNG files are supported
*So far I have found that 24-bit PNG files work, but YMMV
*Files must be located in executable directory

screenshot3tj.png

I'm currently on a google site webpage until I can afford better hosting, located here: http://sites.google.com/site/tasteplasmatempsite/ .

A direct link to my about me page if anyone is curious: http://sites.google.com/site/tasteplasmatempsite/about

The program was made in Code::Blocks using SDL and compiling with minGW.  I used Lazy Foo's excellent SDL tutorial site to learn about SDL, and many different online tutorials to learn what I know about C++.  This project came together very quickly, the base of it done in a couple of days, and then most of the rest of it in a couple more, and then like 2 weeks to get the last thing working.  (I work a FT job as well.)  I am beginning to suspect that is a fairly standard curve in programming.

Thanks for checking this out, I hope it is useful. happy.png

Attached Files

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS