• Create Account

Animations snapping/cutting off before they're done

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 ymiaw   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

I'm using SkinnedModel and attempting to play animations for my models. I have all animations in one fbx file, as that's apparently supported by XNA 4.0 Refresh, but now I'm not too sure about it; all my animation clips show up as having the same duration and number of keyframes.

What I'm doing is same as in the skinned model sample:

// In LoadContent()
SkinningData skinningData = currentModel.Tag as SkinningData;
animationPlayer = new AnimationPlayer(skinningData);
AnimationClip clip = skinningData.AnimationClips["Walk"];
animationPlayer.StartClip(clip);

// In Update()
animationPlayer.Update(gameTime.ElapsedGameTime, true, Matrix.Identity);

Am I missing something? Is having all animations in one file the reason for my clips all having the same duration/number of keyframes?

Edited by ymiaw, 23 March 2013 - 11:03 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Steve_Segreto   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1468

0Likes

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

I can't answer your question as I don't know what FBX exporter you use or even anything about FBX exporters :)

So what have you tried? Are you willing to place two simple animations like idle and walk in two different files using your export process and see if the duration/number of keyframes is still equal and whether this resolves your "snapping" problem?

By the way, without seeing a video, I can only hazard a guess that your "snapping" problem might actually be a looping non-treadmill animation reaching its end and then snapping the root bone back to the beginning frame.

#3 ymiaw   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Whoopes sorry, forgot to say that I was using Blender 2.6. I have tried to separate the animations, and it does resolve the problem, but it's not the solution I'm looking for--I want to know whether or not it can be fixed with all animations in the same file, as I doubt I'm the only person to have ever done it this way and yet have not found any similar problems reported.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS