• Create Account

Calling opengl functions from a plugin

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 floatingwoods   Members   -  Reputation: 292

0Likes

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hello,

I have an application that creates a rendering window and renders to it. That works fine.

The application loads at start-up various plugins. Now I would like to allow the plugins to render some of their stuff into the rendering window of the main application.

But it doesn't work. I proceed as following: once the main application has set-up everything for rendering, I callback the plugins, that call some openGl functions, typically rendering a triangle.

What am I doing wrong?

I suspect that the plugins are loading the openGl library a second time into memory.

How can I achive what I want to achieve?

Any help is appreciated!

Sponsor:

#2 Brother Bob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8195

0Likes

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

An OpenGL context is tied to a thread, so as long as OpenGL calls are made from the thread that has the context active it shouldn't matter where in the logical structure of your application the call is coming from. I would start by ensuring that there are no threads that mess up the active context and that the rendering context is indeed active inside your plugin.

#3 floatingwoods   Members   -  Reputation: 292

0Likes

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Oops, you are totally right, I made a mistake.

Thanks a lot Brother Bob!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS