• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Using MonoGame on Mac - Problems compiling basic sample

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 CC Ricers   Members   -  Reputation: 639

0Likes

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

In trying to do more XNA-like development on the Macbook when I do not have access to my main computer, I installed MonoDevelop 3.0 and MonoGame 3.0. So I created a basic project template (like the XNA one that just shows a blue-colored window) and tried to compile that. The log gives some strange and seemingly conflicting messages. One error has to do with missing dictionary keys (problem with the library perhaps?) Here is my error log.

Building Solution: MonoGameTest (Debug|x86)

Building: MonoGameTest (Debug|x86)
Performing main compilation...
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.10/bin/dmcs /noconfig "/out:/Users/JustChris/Projects/MonoGameTest/MonoGameTest/bin/Debug/MonoGameTest.exe" "/r:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.10/lib/mono/4.0/System.dll" "/r:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.10/lib/mono/4.0/System.Xml.dll" "/r:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.10/lib/mono/4.0/System.Core.dll" "/r:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.10/lib/mono/4.0/System.Xml.Linq.dll" "/r:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.10/lib/mono/4.0/System.Drawing.dll" "/r:/Applications/MonoDevelop.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/monodevelop/AddIns/MonoDevelop.MonoMac/MonoMac.dll" "/r:/Users/JustChris/Library/Application Support/MonoDevelop-3.0/LocalInstall/Addins/MonoDevelop.MonoGame.3.0.0/assemblies/WindowsGL/MonoGame.Framework.dll" /nologo /warn:4 /debug:full /optimize- /codepage:utf8 /platform:x86 "/define:DEBUG"  /t:exe "/Users/JustChris/Projects/MonoGameTest/MonoGameTest/Game1.cs" "/Users/JustChris/Projects/MonoGameTest/MonoGameTest/Main.cs" "/Users/JustChris/Projects/MonoGameTest/MonoGameTest/Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs" 

Copying content files
Copying '/Users/JustChris/Projects/MonoGameTest/MonoGameTest/bin/Debug/MonoGameTest.exe' to '/Users/JustChris/Projects/MonoGameTest/MonoGameTest/bin/Debug/MonoGameTest.app/Contents/MonoBundle/MonoGameTest.exe'
Copying '/Users/JustChris/Projects/MonoGameTest/MonoGameTest/bin/Debug/MonoGameTest.exe.mdb' to '/Users/JustChris/Projects/MonoGameTest/MonoGameTest/bin/Debug/MonoGameTest.app/Contents/MonoBundle/MonoGameTest.exe.mdb'
Build complete -- 0 errors, 0 warnings

Updating application manifest

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build successful.
Build failed. The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Strange to see a Build failed message after "Build successful". But I noticed something else.. it's linking to the MonoMac DLL but also to the WindowsGL MonoGame.Framework DLL. Is this required even for a Macintosh build?

My development blog: Electronic Meteor

Sponsor:

#2 Jutaris   Members   -  Reputation: 478

0Likes

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

A quick search turned this up from Stack Overflow:

"It looks like your version of Xcode is old - it's likely that MonoDevelop's support for reading values from the older Apple SDKs' plists has regressed. I would suggest you either upgrade Xcode, or file a bug with the MonoDevelop log file (found in ~/Library/Logs/MonoDevelop-3.0) attached."

The error looks more or less identical to what your seeing. No idea what your environment looks like or if that'd fix it, but it's the only useful thing I found on it.

My Site -- My Music  -- My Ramblings -- My Game

Basic Flying Rules:Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there.

Come join us for some friendly game dev discussions over in XNA Chat!

#3 CC Ricers   Members   -  Reputation: 639

0Likes

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

That does sound very possible- I am using XCode 3.1 (older than what the Stack Overflow person is using), and on the same Snow Leopard as well. I've already looked for any version of XCode 4, but there are none available without upgrading to Lion. The one for Snow Leopard used to be in the App Store a while ago too :(

My development blog: Electronic Meteor

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS