• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Publishing to amazon an ebook question?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 785

0Likes

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

So I want to publish a book for the kindle,and I don't quite understand the payment options.All I want is that the money get sent to my credit card,but I can't select anything else than Check or EFT,EFT asks for bank account,should I use the Check option?

Sponsor:

#2 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22222

0Likes

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm not entirely sure why you would ask that sort of question.  Seems like basic financial literacy.

Credit cards don't work that way.

Credit cards are designed to be one-way devices; they transfer funds from a line of credit to a merchant's account using an intermediary.

It looks like you have two options for their payments:

1) They can send you a paper check; you deposit that check somewhere and it causes an EFT. 

2) They can deposit it directly with an EFT.

A paper check has extra risks.  The paper can be lost, stolen, or damaged.  Paper checks can be forged or tampered with.  A paper check has extra costs, it needs to be handled, mailed, then handled again, costing both time and money.

Is there some reason you can't do a traditional EFT?  I know that some places of the world distrust banks or have high bank fees, does that apply in your case?

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I write about assorted stuff.

#3 Stormynature   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3388

0Likes

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Only reason I can think of his wanting to use a credit card is that it is in actuallity a hybrid card i.e. Savings/credit facility (which counts as a bank account) otherwise as per Frob comments regarding credit cards.

Edited by Stormynature, 27 March 2013 - 12:21 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS