• Create Account

Introducing myself

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 robbiepxlbld   Members   -  Reputation: 137

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm Robbie, and I'm new around here.

I have worked in the game industry for 10 years, in QA and Design. A few years ago I got made redundant from two AAA studios within a matter of months. I can't go into the specifics of who I worked for and so on, as per my redundancy agreements.

This led me to question the whole game industry, and as a result I lost my passion for dev.

In recent months, I had an epiphany that I do still love game dev, I'm just not keen to do it for the big studios. So I am going back to basics. I have a few killer concepts that I have wanted to develop for years, so I am relearning all the tools I have become rusty on (such as the unreal engine), and am slowly learning new tools and techniques, and I am doing this all to make a game for myself, not to get a job (although obviously I'd be stupid to say never).

I am very passionate about the decline and stagnation of the game industry (helped by my redundancies) and have been inspired to start a blog (Link in sig below - apologies if this is classed as spamming with my first post, not my intention and I will remove it if required). Its only small with a few posts, but big picture, I hope it will grow into a good resource for everyone with an interest in the games and game dev.

I think I have waffled on long enough. I hope to grow into a good contributor to the forum and get to know you all. smile.png

Sponsor:

#2 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17771

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

Hi Robbie, welcome to GDNet -- I hope you find our community helpful, and look forward to hearing about your own development -- it's always good to have another member working on interesting projects!

#3 robbiepxlbld   Members   -  Reputation: 137

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS