• Create Account

Mesh seriously deformed after export

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

#1 lucky6969b   Members   -  Reputation: 636

0Likes

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

I have a human character to export. There is an editable mesh sitting on the bottom, physique in the middle and Xform on the top.

I am using Pandasoft exporter, I export bones, animations with correct time range, say the marker is up to 125, i set it to 0-125 (is it correct?), after the export, the character looks like a dwarf, and legs are nearly ok, but the body the coat the pants are way off. Let me know

Thanks

Jack

Sponsor:

#2 lucky6969b   Members   -  Reputation: 636

0Likes

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Anyone could PM an email to me so that he can help me rig that character.

I am a programmer so that it is a difficult job for me.

Thanks

Jack

Edited by lucky6969b, 28 March 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#3 lucky6969b   Members   -  Reputation: 636

0Likes

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Please watch this to help me.

I know many people don't, but...

Thanks

Jack

#4 LancerSolurus   Members   -  Reputation: 616

2Likes

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

Max is notorious at screwing up animations when dealing with DX files. If you want a good export for DX file you have to do the following...

Load a model with a physique

Apply BIP file

Export to DX model, I use the Pandasoft exporter for that

If you load a model with animations and try to export it to a .X file, it will be totally screwed up. Always save your model without anims if you plan on adding additional anims to it. For some reason Max doesn't save the physique with anims properly, it's an extra step that isn't necessary but if your dealing with DX anims it is.

******************************************************************************************
Youtube Channel

#5 lucky6969b   Members   -  Reputation: 636

0Likes

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

More modelling problem, might be the model itself is not that good. After I left the animations alone, the pose of the exported character is still a bit strange.

Do you know where to download some prebaked rigged characters with bones and simple walk loop?

Free of charge would be better off.

thanks

Jack

#6 lucky6969b   Members   -  Reputation: 636

0Likes

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hi there,

I've applied a bip file to my model now, it works absolutely great. But one thing, I'd like export the model as the models is staying within the stagnant positions while it can animate only. Just like a fake walk. When using the bip file, the .x file is moving forward, if I take this to my application, the model will move forward as it is animated. Let me know

#7 LancerSolurus   Members   -  Reputation: 616

1Likes

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Once you load up your animation file in the motion tab, look directly underneath the load icon and you should see 'Display and Modes'. Click on the + sysmbol to open it up. In there you will see a circle in a circle (In Place Mode). Click it to turn it on. Now resave your animation BIP file. That will clean all X/Y movement from the animation. Then reload you model without the anim and reload the BIP file you just saved.

For free rigged models, simply use google with this search term

allintext:free rigged characters max

Here is a good site for pre-rigged models

http://rigsarena.blogspot.com/

******************************************************************************************
Youtube Channel

#8 lucky6969b   Members   -  Reputation: 636

0Likes

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Here is a good site for pre-rigged models

http://rigsarena.blogspot.com/

Thanks LancerSolurus,

I will be looking into it.

Jack

#9 lucky6969b   Members   -  Reputation: 636

0Likes

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

And I got another bip file problem, when I loaded it (as my max version is 2012), it said the file was obsolete and needed to be resaved, then it crashed and got kicked out to Windows.

Thanks

Jack

#10 LancerSolurus   Members   -  Reputation: 616

0Likes

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Only suggestion in that case is to try an older version of max or put it on a download site and let me try getting it to save...

Youtube Channel

#11 lucky6969b   Members   -  Reputation: 636

0Likes

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/B8F574F8B9B1440C97E964128D634CC0Y

Let me know if the link is working or not

Thanks

Jack

#12 LancerSolurus   Members   -  Reputation: 616

0Likes

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

Here ya go, see attachment below

Attached Files

Youtube Channel

#13 lucky6969b   Members   -  Reputation: 636

0Likes

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

Thanks it working now, but one thing as well, how come the animation is so jerky. I mean can I make the animation continuous in a loop, so that it won't start and stop for a while and start over again. Even I exported it with a range of time, the legs won't locate in the first position where it starts off with.

Edited by lucky6969b, 30 March 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#14 LancerSolurus   Members   -  Reputation: 616

0Likes

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

Thats because the BIP anim is missing a few frames at the end. Either you will need to fix it in the mixer or get a good walking anim.

Youtube Channel

#15 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3165

0Likes

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Hi,

This is one of the reasons why I use an older (not recent) version of Max, often export from Max in .3ds file or from Collada plugin and convert at the end of the graphics pipeline.  Performance is another reason.  I have never been able to settle on a smooth workflow with 3DS Max 2011 or later versions.  I sometimes do hybrid workflow with several 3D graphics programs and 3ds Max plugins, including one of the Panda series. 

There is much more progress to be made in the graphics fields toward standards, so I recommend grabbing some more programs such as Deep Explorer, Blender, and others to find the workflow for a particular project, as many of us are forced to do.

I hope a helped here. smile.png

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software.  The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game.  Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

#16 lucky6969b   Members   -  Reputation: 636

0Likes

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:26 AM

Hello everybody,

Here I've got a model with the y-z pivots flipped so that I've a problem when exporting with the pandasoft exporter.

How can I make pivots in the object space aligned with the world space?

To 3DDreamer:

I need to temporarily stay the way I work now because I don't work with an artist at all. I am on freelance.

Thanks for your info. Your thoughts will be useful in the future. I've bookmarked this post.

Jack

Edited by lucky6969b, 04 April 2013 - 02:33 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS