• Create Account

Ouya Launch Party

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

#1 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Anyone else here?
Ouya.jpg
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Sponsor:

#2 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 29741

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

Wow, the console looks a lot bigger than it did in their promo videos! cool.png

#3 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed to learn it wouldn't fit in my house...
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#4 NeoRetro   Members   -  Reputation: 171

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Looks big enough for the GPU, CPU and RAM to be actual, mechanical devices...

#5 Waterlimon   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2516

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

Maybe they just decided to include an integrated virtual reality room with all the extra money they received...

o3o

#6 Toothpix   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 810

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

I really wish I would not have bought one of these things. It seems like a waste of money in hindsight.

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

#7 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

I really wish I would not have bought one of these things. It seems like a waste of money in hindsight.

Have you played it yet? We spent all night playing our two Ouyas and it's actually a ton of fun. Get a SNES/N64/whatever emulator and you can reminisce the old times. We played Contra III and Zelda forever last night and it was a ton of fun being able to do it on a proper TV with a controller as opposed to on a computer with an emulator.

There's also some really clever games. Fist of Awesome is hilarious. Dub Wars was actually pretty fun and a good audio/visual game. Puddle is pretty interesting, but a little slow for me. Canabalt is on there and of course that's cool. StalagFight was also really awesome.

It'll also serve as a cool media PC replacement for me. But mostly I'm excited for the indie games that will come out. I think it's going to give a lot of people the opportunity to make a console based game, with a TV and a controller, that otherwise wouldn't be able to and we'll see some real gems come out of it.

#8 Ravyne   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7141

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

No such luck for me, but glad to hear they're ready to start shipping. I was a backer pretty early on, so I hope it'll show up in the next week or two.

The emulators are nice to have, but you can do that on just about anything. I'm more interested in seeing what the indies produce.

#9 GeneralQuery   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1263

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

That's the free game it comes bundled with. It's called "Try And Get This F*cker Into Your Living Room".

Edit: whoops, fixed quote

#10 Khatharr   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2972

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

I love you guys.

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

#11 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4187

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Looks big enough for the GPU, CPU and RAM to be actual, mechanical devices...

Charles Babbage would be so proud.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

#12 tychon   Members   -  Reputation: 652

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

But mostly I'm excited for the indie games that will come out. I think it's going to give a lot of people the opportunity to make a console based game, with a TV and a controller, that otherwise wouldn't be able to and we'll see some real gems come out of it.

This is largely why I got mine. I was tired of there being so few couch cooperative games that I wanted something that would let me make my own games to play with friends.

#13 NeoRetro   Members   -  Reputation: 171

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'd love to game on this thing ... but I'll be VERY happy if I can use it to replace my EOL Boxee Box as my home media player.

It would be great if the unit stayed the same size and you could swap out the internals every year for the latest and greatest...  :-)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS