• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

How much will Windows hate me if I don't use RemoveProp

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 incertia   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 779

1Likes

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

I recently found a good way to send a useful pointer to WndProc through the use of SetProp() for use throughout the entire program loop, but I never actually removed it because I never found a good place to. So I'm wondering bad the consequences are going to be if I don't use RemoveProp().
what

Sponsor:

#2 px   Members   -  Reputation: 523

1Likes

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

While I've never used these properties I would imagine the property list automatically get cleaned up when the associated window closes. Just to be on the safe side though I would be inclined to remove properties as part of the windows close code at the very least.
Humble people don't refer to themselves as humble (W.R.T. "IMHO".)

#3 ApochPiQ   Moderators   -  Reputation: 16414

2Likes

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Properties are automatically cleaned up at window destruction time, specifically WM_NCDESTROY.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS