• Create Account

Is this wonderful lady acting?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 NewBreed   Members   -  Reputation: 263

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

After watching the following video, I'm struggling to actually imagine anybody talking and behaving like this in real life. So to the members from America, is this wonderful lady playing up for the camera or is this 'natural'?

https://www.glocal.com/videos/show/318208/strong-storm-drops-damaging-hailkabooyow-kapooyow

Sponsor:

#2 sunandshadow   Moderators   -  Reputation: 5057

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

No that's for real. I mean, she probably enjoyed having an audience to tell her story to, and 5 minutes of fame; I've been on the news briefly and everyone has the urge to give the camera a memorable soundbite. But I've heard people talk like that when there's no camera around. It's one of the more interesting regional accents in the US.

Phone game idea available free to someone who will develop it (Alphadoku game - the only existing phone game of this type is both for windows phone only and awful. PM for details.)

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

#3 Prinz Eugn   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3679

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Actually, we all sound like that (Americans).

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

#4 BGB   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1554

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

for what specifics can be noted from the video, it seems about right.

note that not everyone talks like that, but it depends a lot on things like geographic location and ethnic background and similar.

#5 L. Spiro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 14245

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

That’s normal.

Just as is this one:

Hide your wife, hide your kids, and hide your husband ‘cuz they rapin’ everybody out here.

L. Spiro

It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them. - L. Spiro 2011
I spent most of my life learning the courage it takes to go out and get what I want. Now that I have it, I am not sure exactly what it is that I want. - L. Spiro 2013
I went to my local Subway once to find some guy yelling at the staff. When someone finally came to take my order and asked, “May I help you?”, I replied, “Yeah, I’ll have one asshole to go.”
L. Spiro Engine: http://lspiroengine.com
L. Spiro Engine Forums: http://lspiroengine.com/forums

#6 Shaquil   Members   -  Reputation: 815

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

note that not everyone talks like that, but it depends a lot on things like geographic location and ethnic background and similar.

Oh god, here we go...

#7 BGB   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1554

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

Oh god, here we go...

?...

culture and speech patterns are not the same for everyone everywhere.

this is not meaning to say that any is necessarily better/worse though...

#8 Khatharr   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3038

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

Antoine Dodson ended up making a lot of money from bed-intruder royalties and moved his family to a better area.

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

#9 BGB   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1554

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

it is a mystery if they ever found/arrested the intruder though...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS