• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Survival of the Fittest

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Super Guy   Members   -  Reputation: 115

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

Survival of the Fittest, a light-hearted 2D sandbox RPG made in Engine 001 set in the stereotypical cavemen times with dinosaurs and stuff like that.

You're a man/woman who recently turned 16 and decided it was time to leave your tribe and see the rest of the island off of Pangaea you are on, and that is exactly what you do. There is not going to be a main story, to let you go explore and create your own adventures. 

Planned features include:

-A wide-open, living and breathing (day/night cycle, random weather, etc.) original sandbox world to explore with quests to do, dinosaurs to beat up, loot to grab and weird people to meet.

-Customizable characters. Perks to choose from on every second level up, so you can choose how you want to play.

-Crafting system.

-Full sound, with sound effects for everything and lots of music.

-Survival! You’ll have to drink, eat and sleep to survive.

-Dinosaur fights! Kick dino butt!

-Factions… Fight for the cause you believe in or go it alone!

-Achievements. Gain bonus XP for doing optional tasks.

Follow for more updates on my progress, as well as news and more screenshots.

I would love feedback and any help getting the game out there. Thanks!

hvzdwp.png

ao4cbr.png

90re6o.png

Edited by Super Guy, 10 May 2013 - 04:20 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Super Guy   Members   -  Reputation: 115

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

Bump?

#3 LoneWolfe007   Members   -  Reputation: 130

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Very cool. I love these types of games, there are not enough of them. I will definitely follow the progress of this game.

I guess I have a few questions just to pick your brain. Is this a game like lost in blue for the ds (more of the collecting the resources to survive) or more like tribes for the computer (more of a puzzle game)?

Can you create buildings or items that make living easier? What I mean by that is, I can kill a Dino that gives 1 meat but if I use a knife it will give me 5 meat?

Last thing off the top of my head involves the people you find. When you find the people that need help of what have you, if they join you can they help you build and get food?

#4 Super Guy   Members   -  Reputation: 115

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

Thanks! Feel free to follow me as that would be easiest for you to keep up to date.

I haven't played either, but I guess more like Lost in Blue. You are thrown into the world to survive how you want, a bit like Minecraft with less building and more combat and quests.

You can certainly create items that make living easier, but not building as that is a lot harder to code. At the moment that knife only kills quicker (by doing less damage). If you want that to change, feel free to say so.

I honestly don't know - haven't worked on companions yet. Maybe.

#5 Super Guy   Members   -  Reputation: 115

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

Bump!

#6 Super Guy   Members   -  Reputation: 115

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

Bump? Any suggestions?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS