• Create Account

amfPHP + flex/flashbuilder + mysql db: For an online LMS virtual world

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 codeBeast   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Hi.

I am coming over from flash and doing tuts on flex (using flashbuilder)

I want to connect a mysql database (online) with my flex/flashbuilder app using amfPHP as the preferred technology.

I have to code for the flex app and I was wondering if anybody would be kind enough to help me with the amfPHP classes that I have to use. I KNOW there are tuts online but there are SO MANY that I don't know which one is correct.

ie: I need:

1. The database password etc... in a separate file then I would include it in the other classes

2. The simple class to send back the dataset form the mysql database to the datagrid

3. Session perhaps (as I am creating a learning management system for children to learn English)

I am not looking to be spoon fed but I am a newbie - if you could point me to the best code via links etc...

Am I right in thinking that this is a HELL of a lot better than using my current design with flash(URLVariables) + with a php script etc...

especially if I have over a 100 - 1000 concurrent users which we will have by September.

CHEERS

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS