• Create Account

Android Game Development

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 DummyID   Members   -  Reputation: 109

0Likes

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

Well...

I know Java and now I'll like to learn Android Apps And Game Development..

Please tell the learning path to me!!

Sponsor:

#2 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

4Likes

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

1. Download the Android SDK.

2. Open a tab in your browser to google.com (you're going to need it)

3. Open another tab, and go through everything here (you've got a lot of reading to do) (if you're not sure where to start, just work your way down the left menu)

4. Open another tab, and go through everything here (you've got even more reading to do)

Edited by Cornstalks, 06 April 2013 - 10:53 AM.

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#3 Jutaris   Members   -  Reputation: 474

0Likes

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

I've messed around a bit with a framework called LibGDX. It's pretty easy to use (once you get it setup) and is abstracts a lot of the system calls for you  (since it's cross platform). Maybe give it a look.

My Site -- My Music  -- My Ramblings -- My Game

Basic Flying Rules:Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there.

Come join us for some friendly game dev discussions over in XNA Chat!

#4 bakshadow   Members   -  Reputation: 149

0Likes

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

I've been reading this book http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Android-Games-Mario-Zechner/dp/1430246774/ref=dp_ob_title_bk to learn android game development.  It starts off with some basics about game design, both helpful but a little obvious and then jumps into making your own game.  I think its been a good read so far so it has my recommendation.  Good luck. 

#5 TheZahR   Members   -  Reputation: 107

0Likes

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

i found a good tutorial http://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/index.html

I know: C,C++,C# and a bit LUA.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS