• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

is there any option to select texture filtering for Xna

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 actionman124   Members   -  Reputation: 117

0Likes

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Why.png

gemi300dpi.png

guys im using a software called "Xna 4.0"

i draw a sprite on photoshop and original resolution is 1897 x 2664 300dpi..
im using a command for software, which it is scaling down my sprite.

spriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode.Immediate, null, null, null, null, null, Matrix.CreateScale(.04f, .04f, 1f));

spriteBatch.Draw(_ship, _shipRect,null, Color.White, 0, new Vector2(0,0), SpriteEffects.None, 1);

spriteBatch.End();

but i cant get a chrisp sprites on Xna.. i can even get a nice look on my windows folder biggrin.png (u can see on the picture)
is there any option to change that thing on Xna ? sorry for my bad engilish..

Thanks for advices.

Edited by actionman124, 08 April 2013 - 09:09 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 phil_t   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3940

1Likes

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Pass SamplerState.PointClamp or SamplerState.PointWrap for the third parameter in SpriteBatch.Begin.

#3 Tarika   Members   -  Reputation: 481

0Likes

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

I can't really improve on Phil's answer, though I would like to raise a potential issue you may come across. Although most modern computers now days support textures up to the region of 8192x8192, there are a frightful number of people who are still limited to 2048x2048, especially old cards that support XNA's target platform DirectX 9.0c.

It's not a huge issue and and I only offer it as advice, but if it was me I'd question weather going above 2048x2048 was worth it considering id be stopping some people from playing my game.

All the best!

We are now on Tumblr, so please come and check out our site! 

http://xpod-games.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS