• Create Account

tictactoe

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

#1 phil67rpg   Members   -  Reputation: 767

0Likes

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Attached File  tictactoe.zip   1.39MB   75 downloadswell I have decided to start from scratch, I have done a very simple tic tac toe game using dx9 and c++.Let me know if you need any more headers or libs or dlls. Enclosed is my program. heads up the left mouse button does the x values and the right mouse button does the o values.

Sponsor:

#2 stitchs   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1274

2Likes

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

The .exe is missing MSVCR110D.dll.

#3 phil67rpg   Members   -  Reputation: 767

0Likes

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Attached File  tictactoe.zip   1.41MB   83 downloadshere is the release version of my game

#4 phil67rpg   Members   -  Reputation: 767

0Likes

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

can I get some feedback on my game

#5 Nercury   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 766

3Likes

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

It is a compiled exe file :)

#6 phil67rpg   Members   -  Reputation: 767

0Likes

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

yes it is a compiled exe file

#7 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3192

0Likes

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

can I get some feedback on my game

It's tic-tac-toe. if you provided the source code, we could comment on what you did. But as far as being a game, you've pretty much did tic-tac-toe, it's really hard to give feedback on what to change. Basically, you built the prototype of the game, but didn't add anyway to reset the board(unless i didn't find the button). you can place x's/o's overtop each other, winning doesn't do anything other than draw the line. Pretty much you have the game, you just need to add the rules. After that, their's really no more feedback on the actual gameplay, because you didn't do anything new. It's just classic tic-tac-toe, and that's it.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#8 phil67rpg   Members   -  Reputation: 767

0Likes

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

well I wanted to start with something very simple and then build on that

#9 dsm1891   Members   -  Reputation: 595

0Likes

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

Well, with out the source code, I can only give feedback on the game it self

there seem to be a few bugs with detecting when there are 3 in a row, (only after game has ended) but it might be nice to iron them out, just incase they can happen before the game has ended

v8rSmON.png

GsTRpyg.png

Also, It might be nice to put some text or image saying when the game is over and or who won.

#10 BeerNutts   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2555

0Likes

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

attachicon.giftictactoe.zipwell I have decided to start from scratch, I have done a very simple tic tac toe game using dx9 and c++.Let me know if you need any more headers or libs or dlls. Enclosed is my program. heads up the left mouse button does the x values and the right mouse button does the o values.

Why are you using dx9 to make a tic-tac-toe game?
My Gamedev Journal: 2D Game Making, the Easy Way

---(Old Blog, still has good info): 2dGameMaking
-----
"No one ever posts on that message board; it's too crowded." - Yoga Berra (sorta)

#11 unbird   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4816

0Likes

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

E.g. to explode DebugView.

#12 stitchs   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1274

1Likes

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

When I saw this I thought it was a complete game. However, you have posted your exe for feedback far too early into its development cycle. These issues are ones you should pick out through your own tests and try to iron out. The best way to achieve this is to write down all the rules of Tic-Tac-Toe and tick each off when the exe is able to run them.

What you are likely to do on this current path is upload a new exe every time you make a minor change. After a while, people might be more inclined to ignore it if they think "it's just another exe". What I recommend is that, if you find you are unable to complete one, or more, of the rules and are struggling, present your problem here. Include source code, highlight where you have narrowed the issue down to and use the feedback to work yourself out of the bugs.

Here is a list of bugs I found:

1. Multiple '3 in a rows'.
  2. Window name as 'Triangle'.
  3. Mouse click near edge of one square places in another square.
  4. Grid too small.
  5. Game does not reset.
  6. Game should show a small text line saying 'Left click... Right click...'.

Work through these and then you should have a basic version of the Game, and post back here on your success.

Regards,

Stitchs.

#13 phil67rpg   Members   -  Reputation: 767

0Likes

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

thanks stitchs, I am doing this game in order to learn dx9

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS