• Create Account

Required file "tracker.exe" is missing.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marth   Members   -  Reputation: 124

0Likes

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

I been searching on google for a couple days and I can't fix this problem. I am using VC++ Express 2010 and I can compile basic win32 applications. I can run windowed and full screen directx 9 souce codes, but I get to particular problems now where I get

1>------ Build started: Project: EnginePart1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\Win32\Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.Targets(147,5): error : Required file "" is missing.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I tried reinstalling my SDK's and IDE. I even installed VS 2012 in hope that maybe something would fix. I got a new error since the platform was changed to 110.

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(347,5): error : Required file "tracker.exe" is missing.

and when changed back to the default 100 I get the previous error again.

I have not read any clear solution to this and I am praying someone knows of some trick to get this working. All the source code is from a book that works just fine for everyone on the forum. It's straight off his site at http://www.programming2dgames.com. Particularly chapter 4 is the one I am dealing with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sponsor:

#2 EarthBanana   Members   -  Reputation: 843

0Likes

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

if your using the latest direct x sdk I'm pretty sure they changed a bunch of stuff around from dx 10 and earlier - you might either have to get the older direct x sdk (i think like June 2010 redistributable or something) or figure out how to change some stuff in the source code.

I could be wrong I'm more of an opengl user but I remember something like that when I was working with Directx 10 source a while back

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS