• Create Account

Your username is now the title of your game. Please describe your game and the game's story.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic

#1 tom_mai78101   Members   -  Reputation: 572

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

My game revolves around the premises of the number, 78101. You, a protagonist, start off wearing tattered clothes, sitting in a dark room. Next to you lies a book with the title, "78101". When you open the book, you see the author's name, Tom Mai.

The book itself is some sort of a diary. It tells of a man who, due to an incident, accidentally killed his family. Being driven to insanity, he desperately tries to find his way out of misery by trying to forget his past, but his past starts haunting him. The last page in the written diary is a form of instructions telling you to find a way out of this building.

The game itself is more akin to Escape the Room flash games. Except the room itself is the entire building. Clues hidden throughout the building can all be solved with just the hint, "78101". It can mean almost anything, such as dates, birthdays, security number, safe combinations, etc. But most of them require the use of lexical problem solving in order to continue onwards.

I won't spoil the details to you, but the end credits will say this:

"Directed by Michael Bay."

Sponsor:

#2 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6985

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

My game is a mix between FarmVille and Desert Bus. Use your imagination.

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#3 ShadowValence   Members   -  Reputation: 380

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

My game is about a secret military assignment meant to protect the people's from the knowledge of alien life and their affinity for the taste of human blood.

#4 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8817

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Mmh, had never thought of that before. Well, maybe a game about growing a colony of Staphylococcus and having them battle against increasing powerful white blood cells. I'm thinking a 3D-based, abstract tactical management kind of game, in a procedural, organic environment. The back story is obvious, you are a poor unicellular life form ingested by someone, struggling to survive in this harsh habitat. After a few hours of disorganized chaos (and exponential growth) a leader emerges from the colony, and rallies his companions to fight against the oppressor.

I'm sorry. I have no imagination. sleep.png

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

#5 ZippoLag   Members   -  Reputation: 183

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hmm...

A dark game, not gritty, not neccesariously in the horror genra, but just offputting, about a man who keeps struggling against a very terrible luck, carring his zippo lighter which, for some reason, makes a flame appear wherever it was 5 seconds ago rather than were it is when it is lit.

LOL laugh.png

Edited by ZippoLag, 10 April 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#6 wizardpc   Members   -  Reputation: 282

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

wizards.

#7 Barzai   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 638

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

it would have a Lovecraftian setting.  The entire game would be jumping puzzles with increasing difficulty, as you try climb a mysterious mountain.  If you finally reach the top, you get ripped to shreds and die.  Game over.

#8 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

I'm Progm from the Alpha Unit. A species called the DES has invaded our solar system. I'm currently stuck in an underground labyrinth that seemed to be built millennia ago. While I explore its secrets and a way out, my unit was tasked with a kamikaze mission. Bomb the enemy's galaxy-class ship (if it can be called that) and slow their advance. I hope my unit --anyone from my unit-- is still alive. 

Edited by Alpha_ProgDes, 11 April 2013 - 04:14 AM.

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#9 L. Spiro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 13569

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

I am a man who hodges all of his-  Oh wait, I am not Hodgman.

My name is Q, and the number π has caused an Apocalypse-  Oh, I am not ApochPiQ either.

They call me Tom.  I ride slopes.  I am Tom the Sloper.  Oh, oops.

My street name is rip-off.  I rip the tags off mattresses-  Err.

My brother, Bob, has been kidnapped.  As I spring into action I-

My name is Washu, and I washu away all phantoms with my SiCrane.

The world has succumbed to the deadly Bacterius called Kylotan.  Only the power of sunandshadow and the wand of Serapth combined can cleanse the Earth.  But don’t worry, you have infinite continues, so, if you fail, you can always try mhagain.

Catch all the Álvaro beans in the bucket!  But watch out for falling Aardvajk’s and their spiny backs!

1,024 beams of light are headed for Tokyo from a pulsar!  Position your mirrors correctly and send them all towards an invading alien planet called Kim-Fat to destroy it.  But if you position them wrong you will be destroyed instead!  (In case no one got the reference to the member name, I am referencing my coworker, Lightness1024).

L. Spiro

It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them. - L. Spiro 2011
I spent most of my life learning the courage it takes to go out and get what I want. Now that I have it, I am not sure exactly what it is that I want. - L. Spiro 2013
I went to my local Subway once to find some guy yelling at the staff. When someone finally came to take my order and asked, “May I help you?”, I replied, “Yeah, I’ll have one asshole to go.”
L. Spiro Engine: http://lspiroengine.com
L. Spiro Engine Forums: http://lspiroengine.com/forums

#10 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 30341

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

I guess my game is about an awkward old PC who has to go on an adventure of self discovery in order to become cool and trendy like a Mac.

#11 FableFox   Members   -  Reputation: 504

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:22 AM

Just like Fade to Black (Delphine). Enough said.

Fable Fox is Stronger <--- Fable Fox is Stronger Project

#12 L. Spiro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 13569

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

Hint:  The L in my name stands for “Lost”.  If you want to know the rest, brush up on Latin.

L. Spiro

It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them. - L. Spiro 2011
I spent most of my life learning the courage it takes to go out and get what I want. Now that I have it, I am not sure exactly what it is that I want. - L. Spiro 2013
I went to my local Subway once to find some guy yelling at the staff. When someone finally came to take my order and asked, “May I help you?”, I replied, “Yeah, I’ll have one asshole to go.”

#13 Dissipate   Members   -  Reputation: 343

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Onward and advance the kingdom... for space is the capacious frontier. You are a bundle of gases. fly, float and flee through dangerous territory as you out wit your arch enemy as he tries to dissolve you. For nothing can 'contain' you that you cannot break out of. And the princess need saving. But soft, what light through yonder 'window' breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Such calamity to ever put these two together. Can you defuse the situation before you diffuse into oblivion?

Controls:
Hold Space to hold together molecular cohesion and draw in surrounding gases. When max power is reached, release to unleash the power that is within in one almighty explosion... end of game. End of computer. Watch the smoke rise as the story begins afresh.

#14 cowsarenotevil   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2040

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hint:  The L in my name stands for “Lost”.  If you want to know the rest, brush up on Latin.

L. Spiro

"Lost I am breathing." Makes sense. Or possibly even "lost I am inspired."

EDIT: And with respect to the OP, I'm pretty sure everyone can figure one out for me without trying too hard.

Edited by cowsarenotevil, 11 April 2013 - 10:16 AM.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

#15 HappyCoder   Members   -  Reputation: 2659

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

In my game you have a growing team of programmers who create software for you, but you have to keep them happy. If you don't pay them enough, dont give them interesting problems, or keep changing project requirements on them, then they are less happy. Have too many unhappy programmers and they turn on you and mess with your system before quitting and go work for you competitors.

#16 L. Spiro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 13569

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

In my game you have a growing team of programmers who create software for you, but you have to keep them happy. If you don't pay them enough, dont give them interesting problems, or keep changing project requirements on them, then they are less happy. Have too many unhappy programmers and they turn on you and mess with your system before quitting and go work for you competitors.

So, Sim Programmer?

L. Spiro

#17 ChaosEngine   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2342

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Mines already been done. Stole the name, not because I liked the game that much I just liked the name :)

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

#18 Dragonsoulj   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2110

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

The souls of dragons are being captured. The main character's name is J and must fight to return the souls.

#19 Mensch.   Members   -  Reputation: 246

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

Being German for 'man', the game 'Mensch.' is set in a world where new races of humanity are emerging with varied powers that give them an edge over regular old mankind, and with all believing they have the right-of-rule over those they deem inferior, and make war with other 'elevated' races. You, the player, struggle to help your small community survive (or thrive), in the depopulated wastelands of a war-torn world.

I'd say RPG with some RTS elements (ie, managing resources, etc).

Also, I'd like to thank the Death Gate Cycle for both my name and the concept :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Gate_Cycle

#20 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3883

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

My name is Washu, and I washu away all phantoms with my SiCrane.

man just one letter off, and Washu would have his game: age of wushu

personally, i think mine would be something with ninja's and samurai's fighting for all eternity.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS