• Create Account

OtterUI - Open Source UI Library

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grafalgar   Members   -  Reputation: 544

2Likes

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hi folks,

Some may remember me from a few years back, but I put together a UI library & tool specifically aimed at game developers.  It's purpose was (and still is) to be cross-platform and engine-agnostic, by being developed in as vanilla C/C++ as possible, while offloading the engine-specifics to the developer.  All the actual rendering, sound, etc is handled by the developer - OtterUI just tells you what to render and when.  Same goes for file I/O, audio, and so on.

To show you what OtterUI can do, check out Skullgirls (http://skullgirls.com/)- its entire interface was built using the library & tool.

Fast forward a few years - after trying to build a company out of it, and not going very far, I've decided to make it Open Source and let the community benefit overall.  OtterUI source & latest distributables can be found on github at:  https://github.com/Grafalgar/OtterUI, and is distributed under the MIT License.

Let me know if anyone has any questions, otherwise, enjoy.

Graf

Edited by Grafalgar, 10 April 2013 - 09:50 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 DrEvil   Members   -  Reputation: 1094

0Likes

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Is there a demo somewhere that shows all the supported UI object types and such?

#3 Grafalgar   Members   -  Reputation: 544

1Likes

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Yup - it's included in the repository, as part of the "SampleApp" project.  It demos not just the different controls, but also what a basic integration would look like.  Also, there's a plugin architecture in place that lets you define and build your controls, as well as the ability to animate them.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS