• Create Account

Zombie Apocalypse Character Pack

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic

#1 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/character-asset-pack/x/2305754?c=home

Anyone need any low poly character assets on the cheap? (3) character packs, each with (5) character variations and 10 animations each. Thats a total of 15 characters and 30 animations. I'm trying an experiment here to sell these assets dirt cheap for the bundle.

Some sample images: 

All_Zombies.png

MilitaryPersons_Complete.png

Screenshot-01.png

Screenshot-5.png

Edited by fatBOX Software, 16 April 2013 - 12:53 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

This is one of the new assets added in for melee weapons. This is a pipe wrench (600 polygons) and uses a 512×512 PSD texture. I think I should be able to get this full pack done today.

PipeWrench_Preview02.png

PipeWrench_Preview01.png

#3 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

UPDATED BONUS - Low Poly Melee Weapons (Comes bundled with every character Pack)

These assets are specifically designed for iOS or Android development purposes. The Axe is 100 quad polygons, the baseball bat is 120 quad polygons, the machete is 130 quad polygons, the katana sword is 65 quad polygons and the pipe wrench is 500 polygons. These assets will help you develop your mobile FPS, zombie shooter or any kind of military style game. They use 512x512 PSD textures which are also optimized for mobile purposes.

Screenshot-6.png

Screenshot-7.png

#4 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

This is a simple view of all of the 3d assets revolving under real time lighting in the Unity Game Engine.

#5 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

Texture variation #2 for the military pack completed. 

MilitaryGuy_Variation2.png

If you haven't checked out the packs:

Edited by fatBOX Software, 16 April 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#6 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

Completed all texture variations for the military personnel today. There is also a webplayer for them, pretty neat to see them all marching together.

Webplayer Link:

MilitaryPersons_Complete.png

Edited by fatBOX Software, 16 April 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#7 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Finished this little guy up...uses a tweaked model, but all animations from all other characters will work on him. The civilians will be getting their own custom animations, hiding, panicking, etc. I put in a simple iPhone mockup (yes it's an old ass phone)...just to show something more realistic to how they would appear on device. This rather than judging by the blown up screenshot images from a desktop computer. Btw that is an unlit screenshot, vertex coloring is doing the shading...so you could use a completely unlit shader in Unity (cheapest they come).

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/character-asset-pack/x/2305754

Civilian_WIP.png

#8 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Civilian2_WIP.pngFinished up the 2nd Civilian texture variation. Same specs as the other civilian, 396 Polygons, 16 Bones, 512x512 texture map.

If you'd like to see more of the pack check out:

#9 rouncer   Members   -  Reputation: 291

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

in long sleeves they look ok, but in tshirts those arms are waayyyyy too long.    but its ok stuff here! 

#10 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Civilian3_WIP.png

@rouncer - Yeah that's because on the long sleeve guys I've fixed the long arm issue. I'm going to jump in and fix it on the master model for the other guys as well.

3rd Version of the Civilian Characters. This is just a normal office-working guy. If you'd like to see more visit the asset pack page.

Edited by fatBOX Software, 20 April 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#11 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

First set of male civilians are completed. Moving on to producing some civilian female versions. Unfortunately textures can only take me so far when it comes to getting a female look, so I have to tweak the model to a unique version.

As always if you haven't checked out the entirety of the pack, feel free to visit the page:

Character and Weapons Asset Pack

CivilianMalesComplete.png

Edited by fatBOX Software, 23 April 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#12 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

First female civilian model. No texturing, UVs or biped setup yet. She comes in at 721 polygons, so not too much higher than her male counterparts. Turns out females have more curvature than male models.

If you haven't checked out the entirety of the pack, feel free to visit the page:

Female_Civilian_WIP.png

#13 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Little demo of the vertex coloring "tech" for the assets in the Character and Weapons pack. I am including the unlit - vertex colored shader for Unity with these assets.

#14 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Finished up the texturing for the first female variation. Once the animations are done, I will more than likely go back in and add more detail to the textures (final texture polish pass on all characters).

#15 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hi everyone. I got a very good start on the character animations for the civilians. These animations are shown on the female character, but will be applicable to all of the civilians. I will be creating a more masculine walk, jump, etc. for the male civilians. This is a total of (20) animations and will be more soon. I haven't added in the weapon firing animation or crouched firing.

Assuming most of you have the webplayer installed, here's a realtime preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zur6Hwl9Mao

#16 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

So I've completed the civilian pack and the ton of animations they all have. What a lot of work, but it was well worth it to see all of them together and working.

Civilians_Complete.png

Here is a web demo of their animations:

If you want them all go here.

#17 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Check this craziness out!

Image:
Stress_Test.png

Webplayer:

#18 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Updated webplayer with quite a few new animations and finished up a new texture variations too (african american version).

Play on the web: 

ZombiesCompleted.png

#19 fatBOX Software   Members   -  Reputation: 268

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

120 Characters running on the web. All skinned meshes, all animating. 6 unique walks, 6 unique texture variations. 

I'm getting about 47 fps on the scene. They are light too, the entire scene is 3MB.

I'd be interested to hear other's browser version, graphics card model and your FPS.

Also if you want to grab these characters head to:

ZombieStressTest.png

Edited by fatBOX Software, 30 April 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#20 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 19350

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Moving you to Your Announcements.  Please keep your bumping in check, daily bumps are too frequent, and multiple bumps in one day definitely are.  You're welcome to bump every couple of days. smile.png

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS