A list about little stuff that ain't around anymore, because life has moved on. We all have them.
I'll start. In no particular order:
1. progress bars (esp. while loading/installing/restoring the OS) are awesome, because they indicate the computer hasn't hung
2. simple yet challenging shoot-em-ups with solid gameplay and low poly worlds work surprisingly well. And they can run on integrated cards or, uhoh, in software.
3. life before smart phones was scarier, but so much more fun
4. HDD access lights are really useful, because they show when the OS has finished loading or is under a heavy disk load (why, hello thar, ultrabooks with SSD-s!)
5. there once used to be a time when news used to have actual substance and I felt like my opinion used to count
6. I thought (with some pride!) my generation used to be the rebellious one